Occupational Therapist for Pediatric Practice (Part-time)
Our growing private pediatric therapy practice in Loveland, CO is seeking an occupational therapist with a sense of fun, a desire to make a difference, a commitment to quality, and good organization and communication skills.
We are a mid-sized pediatric practice serving a variety of clients. We need a therapist with experience working with a pediatric population. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with autism, various syndromes, and developmental delays. Training and experience in sensory integration is also an advantage.
This is a part-time pay-per-visit position requiring a minimum of 10 hours availability during late afternoons to address after-school scheduling needs.
- Conducting patient assessments and evaluations as needed to determine medical history and current skill levels
- Working cooperatively with family and team members to determine client and family needs and develop individualized objectives
- Communicating with physicians and other health care providers to develop and confirm a Plan of Care with specific objectives
- Providing ongoing education to family members and other supportive individuals regarding activities and techniques that support clients in reaching their goals
- Planning and conducting occupational therapy sessions in accord with written Plan of Care for children ages birth to 21 years of age with a variety of diagnoses
- Being aware of any financial restrictions, and being aware of due dates for PARS and reports.
- Generating timely and efficient reports for clients and their physicians and families
- Assisting in achieving financial budget targets
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy preferred
- Experience providing occupational therapy to pediatric clients
- Current Colorado OT license required
- Current active NPI and Colorado Medicaid numbers preferred
- Willingness to participate in continuing education courses
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to work effectively with children and their families as well as other team members
- Effective and persuasive verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and negotiable dependent on experience and agreed upon schedule. Benefits begin at 20 hours per week.
Please send resume to Mary.Nel@abgtherapy.net. Ideally, this position will be filled by 7/1/18.